St Thomas the Apostle Basketball Academy Programme
The STAC Basketball Academy is a newly established programme, recently partnering up with National League club Southwark Legends, helping to use basketball as a vehicle to inspire young people build a better future both on the basketball court and in the classroom.
As a programme we aim to nurture and develop the sporting talents of aspiring student athletes, and reach their full potential not only as an athlete but as a student too.
What we offer
- • Students are able to study for A levels or BTECs in an ‘outstanding’ environment, whilst simultaneously progressing their basketball aspirations. The Programme includes comprehensive coaching sessions covering technical, tactical and game related practises that will also include a strength and nutrition programme.
- • We provide 15-20 hours per week of basketball focused court time to students, with other sessions that may include 1 on 1, or pool and gym sessions, with facilities on site.
- • Potential for pupils to join national league team, Southwark Legends, who are in South Premier in the NBL.
- • We provide a Training tracksuit, Shooting top and match kit for all athletes.
- • We provide life skills beyond basketball, helping with time management and help students obtain a recognised qualification to facilitate your progression such as officiating or coaching courses.
- • We provide trips to universities and basketball competition tours over the course of the season to provide the full basketball experience as an athlete. We have recently come back from our pre-season tour to Bristol (September 2019) which was a great success.
Vs Havering Sixth Form College 94-58 W (ABL)
Vs Joan Roan 77-86 L (ABL)
Vs Colchester 82-79 W (ABL)
Vs Sydney Russell W 84-14 (National Schools)
Any interested applicants wanting to join the basketball academy should e-mail Head Coach Ryan Abeleda
2019 GCSE Maths pass
2019 GCSE English pass
First choice university destination, 2019 leavers
2019 student poll results "I get a high standard of teaching in all my lessons"