We run a structured and highly supportive ECT programme here at St Thomas the Apostle College. Our aim is to help you continue on your path towards being an outstanding practitioner with a 2 year programme of support, induction and training. We deliver the UCL Full Induction programme in partnership with the London South Teaching School Hub.
We do this in a number of ways including:
- Regular informal (and occasional formal) observations with open dialogue and clear targets
- Weekly ECT meetings lead by staff from across the school
- An assigned subject mentor
- An assigned member of the teaching and learning team
- A reduced timetable (to accommodate the fact that everything takes a little longer when you are starting out!)
- An environment of high expectation and outstanding behaviour which means you can concentrate on the important bits – teaching!
- An “open door” policy where you are always welcome to pop in and observe other staff to help develop your own practice
"Training at STAC was extremely supportive. With weekly mentor meetings and support provided by the whole department and teaching and learning team I felt I was able to develop as a teacher in a nurturing and enriching environment".
Phoebe Ricca-Richardson, ECT 2021-23
"STAC is a very supportive environment which has helped me to embed the high standards of the school into my practice."
Anezka Elphick, ECT 2021-23
2023 A Level Results A* - B
2023 A Level Results A* - A
First choice university destination, 2023 leavers
First choice degree apprenticeship. 2023 leavers